Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream & Coconut Pineapple Syrup
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Servings Per Recipe: 1
1 1/3 (13.6oz) cans full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup C2O coconut water with Pineapple
1/3 cup maple syrup
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup crushed pineapple
1/4 cup @c2ococonutwater with pineapple
1/4 cup lemon juice
PREP the Night Before
- The night before, chill the cans of coconut milk, not to separate the liquids, just to chill. (The next day or when you are ready to make the recipe, mix with a hand mixer to bring back together the liquids and solids because they will have separated. Measure out 1 1/3 chilled coconut milk for the recipe.)
- If you are using an ice cream maker, you need to FREEZE your ice cream maker bowl overnight probably. Check your ice cream maker directions.
MAKE ICE CREAM WITH AN ICE CREAM MAKER
- Into a blender, pour ingredients and blend. If the coconut milk separates into tiny chunks and won’t go away with 2-3 minutes blending, put the mixture in a sauce pan on the stove and warm, stirring until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Let the mixture cool to room temperature before proceeding.
- Set the room temp mixture into the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Add mixture to ice cream maker, and follow machine directions to made ice cream. I had to churn only 20 minutes or so before I saw ice cream but it does depend on your maker and how cold your refrigerator got your mixture.
MAKE ICE CREAM WITHOUT A MAKER
- Pour mixture into a glass pan, place in freezer uncovered, and stir every 45 minutes to break up frozen areas. After a few hours, you should have a scoopable texture and you can leave it in the freezer until ready to eat. It will harden solid like that, but you can let it thaw for a few minutes before trying to scoop if need be.
MAKE THE SYRUP
Boil down ingredients by 1/3 and pour through a sieve. Chill and pour on cold ice cream.
Made by @greensmoothiegourmet
Next: Blue Spirulina Pineapple & Coconut Smoothie
Previous: Vegan Mango Pineapple Turmeric Coconut Milk Ice Cream